Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie and Julia...and FOOD at Cedar Village!

Went to the movies yesterday with the wife. We traveled to Richmond and watched it at the new Cinemark in Richmond Centre. It was a great movie and we both loved it. We have been reading "My Life in France" and "Julie and Julia" for the last week or so....and the movie did not disappoint.


We had heard that you shouldn't go and see this movie (about Julia Child!) on an empty stomach. Can't imagine why...lol!


On the way over to Richmond, we stopped off at a place in Irvine called Cedar Village Restaurant. I was just hoping for some decent country food. I haven't had that in a while....but let me tell you. THIS PLACE HAD THE BEST FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN!


I was so impressed! We each had the buffet. It had the most amazing fried catfish on it. It was so hot, fresh, and flaky. It literally just melted in your mouth. I must have eaten a lake-full of fish! I also had some fried chicken, soup beans, cornbread, hashbrown casserole, mashed potatoes, and green beans (country style)! I was in heaven!


Usually on a buffet, I will enjoy maybe one or two things. I have found that when the chicken is good then the fish isn't....or if the beans are pretty good then the cornbread will suck. But I have to say that I didn't find one thing that I DIDN'T like about this place. I actually licked my plate! When have you done that at a restaurant before!


I finished off with a desert that was so good that I could have died right then and there...life would have found perfection. It was flaky, sweet, and spicy with hints of apple and cinnamon. One of the nice ladies who worked there said that it was called an "Old Fashioned Butter Roll" and was just full of sugar, butter, flour, and other good things. I didn't ask for the calorie count. When food is this good, it is worth the sacrifice.


I'm just glad that this place is a little bit from our house. If it was too close, I would have TLC at my house doing a documentary on the world's most obese man. They would have to cut a hole in the side of my log home just to get me out...and back to the Cedar Village!
If you want to check out their website, visit http://www.cedarvillage.biz/ .

No comments: